Date: Sunday, May 6, 2018
Half Marathon Start: 7:00 AM
|Nov 24, 2017 - Jan 9, 2018||$100|
Packet Pickup is located at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo on Friday, May 4, 2018 and Saturday, May 5, 2018.
All marathon, half marathon and marathon relay participants will be be able to look up their race number 1-2 weeks prior to race weekend. Kids marathon, 5K and pet walk race numbers are organized in alphabetical order and participants in those events do not need to know their race number in advance.
Race packet confirmation tickets will NOT be mailed or emailed. Participants are required to provide the following items in order to retrieve their race packet:
1. Race Number*
2. Photo ID
*Race numbers are also available for look-up via the P3R mobile app under the DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon race OR by visiting the Race Number Look-Up kiosks located within the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo race weekend.
Pick Up For Another Participant
Participants may authorize another individual to retrieve the race packet on their behalf. The individual picking up the packet is required to show (their own) photo ID along with providing the following items.
2. Participants race number (available for lookup in the P3R mobile app, on the website, or at the Expo)
Click here to view the 2017 half marathon course (with elevation).
Pittsburgh is known for its rivers and bridges and the UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon course will not disappoint. You’ll cross Pittsburgh’s three rivers over three different bridges each with their own distinct architecture and incredible views of the city. Your tour of the city will take you through different and unique neighborhoods featuring festivals, bands, and cheerathoners that will keep you motivated and smiling all the way to the finish line. PLUS, the course will take you past the stadiums of lengendary Pittsburgh sports teams - the Pirates, Steelers and Penguins.
- USA Track & Field certified course
- Fluid and medical aid stations are positioned along the course
- Water and Gatorade will be offered at every fluid station
- Power gels will be available at locations along the course
- No refunds or deferments of entry fees
- Minimum age for Half Marathon: 16 on May 6, 2018
- Paper/mail-in registrations will not be accepted after January 1, 2018
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, baby joggers, strollers, roller skates and roller blades are not permitted on the course
- Headphones (iPods, mp3 players, CDs, tape walkmans, radios, etc.) are discouraged
- Push rim and hand crank wheelchairs are permitted on the Marathon course ONLY; no wheelchairs are permitted on the Half Marathon course. Click here for more information.
Course Time Limits
City streets, police officers and support are contracted for specific times and cannot be extended. Some easy points to remember: all runners must be to the 16th Street Bridge by 8:20 AM, the West End Bridge by 9:15 AM and the Birmingham Bridge by 10:20 AM.
The overall course pace is 14:00 minutes per mile. If you cannot adhere to the permitted pace per mile, you will be asked to board a sweep vehicle that will take you to relay shuttle drop off area at Centre Avenue and 6th Avenue, which is several blocks from the finish line. If you refuse to get on the vehicle, you must move to the sidewalk, so traffic can resume. If you choose to continue after the course has reopened, there will be no medical support, fluid stations, or course marshals at intersections, and the course will no longer be marked. Participants after that time will not be guaranteed a time or medal.
The DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon has a zero tolerance drug policy.
Athletes who participate in DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon events may be subject to drug testing. Athletes with positive drug test results will forfeit any prize money and will be disqualified from the event in which such athlete participated.
Race Results/Finishers Certificates
Congratulations to all of the 2017 participants! Click here to view results for Sunday, May 7, 2017.
Finisher Certificates and now available and can be found here.
Results Questions? Contact EnMotive at email@example.com
Click here to see the official photos from our official photography partner MarathonFoto.
All finishing participants will receive a finisher medal.
To view the 2017 Half Marathon Prize Purse, click here.
Prizes will be awarded for the top three finishers for the Half Marathon in the following age categories for men and women: 19 & Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80+
Clydesdale (men over 200 pounds) and Athena Divisions (women over 150 pounds) winners will be awarded in the following categories: Half Marathon Top 2 Men Over 40, Half Marathon Top 2 MenUnder 40, Half Marathon Top 2 Women Over 40, Half Marathon Top 2 Women Under 40
*To be eligible competitors must weigh in at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo on Friday, May 4, 2018 from 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM or Saturday, May 5, 2018 from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Age category and Clydesdale/Athena awards are based on chip time not gun time.
- Awards will be mailed once official race results have been submitted. Please allow 3-4 weeks post-race for awards to be mailed out.
- Overall and Master category winners are not eligible for age group awards.
- U.S., PA and Steel City Road Runners (SCRR) are bonus categories and are eligible for overall prize money and age group awards.
- Steel City Road Runner members must be registered for the basic Membership or Run for a Reason Charity Membership by April 1, 2018 to be eligible for the Steel City Road Runner prize money
For results from 2009-2012, please click here.
For results from 2013-2016, please click here.
We want to help you successfully meet your race goals this May! Whether it's completing the Marathon under 4 hours or beating the course time limits, we're offering training support to meet your needs. Check out the options below and find the one that's best for you.
Steel City Road Runners
The Steel City Road Runners is Pittsburgh's largest running club. RRCA and USATF certified coaches offer customized training plans for marathon and half marathon participants as well as for beginners. The group meets three times a week for speed workouts, tempo training and long runs. Click here for more information on the Steel City Road Runners
Galloway Training Program
The Galloway Training Program is open to anyone who is interested in running a marathon, half marathon, 5K or just getting started. The training group welcomes all levels, from beginners to Boston qualifiers. Participants will follow a customized training plan and join the Steel City Road Runners for Saturday morning group runs. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Elite and Seeded Runners Division
To qualify as a seeded runner, a URL must be provided with race results meeting the following requirements:
- Seeded Male = 6:30 minute mile or under
- Seeded Female = 7:29 minute mile or under
*Results must be for half marathon or greater and in the 2017 or 2018 calendar year.
If you would like to be considered for a seeded position, please include your qualifying URL when you register. If you do not provide a qualifying URL (as stated above) or the link does not work, you will not receive a seeded position. The seeding deadline is March 16, 2018. You will be notified via email the week of April 9, 2018 if you have been approved for a seeded position. There are a limited number of seeded spots available. Decisions will be made based on finish times and then registration date. Please email questions to email@example.com with the subject line “Seeded Runner”.
Elite Athlete Program
The 2018 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon and UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon elite field is by invitation only. Acceptance into the program is not based solely on time. Entry is based on recent performance, potential finish and the discretion of the Elite Athlete Committee.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be considered for the 2018 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon or the UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon elite field.
Click here to view the 2018 prize purse.
P3R Anit-Doping Policy
To be eligible for elite entry or prize purse at any P3R Event, an athlete must:
- Not be currently serving a suspension for use of a banned substance*
- Not have ever served a ban for use of performance enhancing drugs*+
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who have had 2 or more athletes receive such suspensions in the previous 4 years (from the current year’s race date)*
- Provide proper documentation proving they are eligible for prize money (form W-9, W-8ECI or W-8BEN)
- Consent to random drug testing according to the standards and procedures of USATF, USADA and WADA
*A list of athletes who have received a sanction for a doping violation under the athlete’s international federation rules and/or the USOC Anti-Doping Policies can be found here: http://www.usada.org/testing/results/sanctions/ and https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/athlete-representatives/directory.
+Unless otherwise agreed by the P3R Games Committee